Saturday, January 2, 2010

Let us begin the count

I think I'm going to keep a running tab of how much sleep I get for the new year. So far 3 hours. I know we're only 31 hours into the year, but I'm curious exactly how much I get and this seems a good way to keep track. Plus, my insomnia blog has become increasingly less about insomnia (probably a good thing, but whatever).

In related news, I'm pretty sure cigarettes are more effective on a lack of sleep. Go me.


I would also like to share a (edited) quote from an article you wouldn't be interested in.
"Recipes are for wusses. When I cook, I saddle up my trusty Suzuki and set out into the wilderness in search of rare spices, exotic vegetables and the finest meats. Then, back within the gothic vastness of my kitchen I chop things with huge cleavers, sear them over roaring flames and add garlic to them whether they need it or not. This is the untamed frontier of the culinary arts. Cooking the same thing twice is the sign of a civilization in decline."

If someone could tell me if I should have used "an" instead of "a" up there, that would be great. Not sure if the parenthetical remark counts as the next word. I have a suspicion I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment