Sunday, December 27, 2009

Favorite Movies of 2009 and Possibly My Weirdest Sleep Schedule Ever

So this weekend was weird for me. Thursday fell asleep about 11 pm woke up around 3 am. Friday nothing. Saturday I took maybe an hour long nap at 10:30 pm before going to work. It's now Snday morning at 8:30 and I am inexplicably not tired. Oh well, this is why I saw so many movies this year. Hey look, a segue!

10. (500) Days of Summer
Adorably indie. Wish I could get advice from my little sister. Also, the things I would do to Zooey Deschanel...

9. (tie) The Hangover and Zombieland
Ridiculously funny. Period. I couldn't stand for either one to not make my list. If I could use photoshop, I would put a picture here of the Zach Galifinakis looking scared of a zombie tiger while Woody Harrelson brandished a bat at a toothless Ed Helms. I'd also edit off Emma Stone's clothes.

8. Inglourious Basterds
Best thing Tarantino has made. That's saying something.

7. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Yes, the Harry Potter movies are flawed. I still enjoy the shit out of them.

6. Funny People
Most depressing movie of the year. Also possible the funniest. I think @jephjacques said it best "Finally saw 'Funny People.' Fuck you Judd Apatow, for making me love Adam Sandler in something."

5. Avatar
It was just so damn pretty.

4. Star Trek
OH MYEXCITING! Next time you want an action movie, probably this one. I really like how they did the story so that it's not just another Star Trek movie, but the beginning of a new franchise. Whatshisface kicks Shatner's ass in the "good acting" category. Can't wait to hear HIS album. this is Shatner's

3. Ink
Yeah, you've never heard of it. Really fantastic story, surprisingly good effects considering the budget, and best super power in movie history (the power of cause and effect). Watch this trailer and know that it doesn't do the film justice.


2. Taken
As of this movie, Liam Neeson is a bigger badass than Samuel L. Jackson. Yeah I said it. No one wants to admit, but Sammy is aging like a mall security guard. Liam is aging like a rusty machete. What the fuck does that simile mean?! THROAT PUNCH!

1. Pirate Radio (which should have been called "The Boat That Rocked")
I don't even know what to say. Absolutely flawless. I love every character, every song, every twist. I'm going to preorder this on DVD despite having already downloaded a pirated copy. Come over and watch it with me any time.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/halfexistent/HangoverinZombieland.jpg
    Yeah, I was bored...

    ReplyDelete